As we are heading for FEB 2020, its perhaps time to take stock of open vacancies and delve a bit deeper into the "Why can't we get these roles filled?"
There could be a few scenario's at play here:
1) Insufficient candidate flow - direct applications and resumes third party agencies are zero to none
2) Numerous interviews took place, but prospective candidates are missing that X factor
3) More than one offer extended....and declined
Let's call a spade a spade: if your vacancy has remained unfilled for more than 8 weeks, the problem lies with the discrepancy between vacancy requirements and remuneration offered.
Something's gotta give:
1) Re-evaluate the job description and either drop the non-negotiable requirements or increase the salary band
2) Consider changing preconceived ideas about long-term working tenure....people may move every 2-3 years, that doesn't mean they are job hoppers or uncommitted (see our post of vetting, background checking and referencing)
3) Consulting or contracting shouldn't be a discriminating factor when screening candidates
4) If candidates are prepared to relocate themselves...let them!
In the end the remains: "How badly do you need this role filled?"